Saturday, April 10, 2010

The flat hunting is over.

I have finally found a flat and it is in the area that I want for $200.00 p/w. The landlord seems very nice and I don't think they would ever sell that place because he and his wife live above me and they would propbably have to pay capital gains tax on it if they did. It is nothing flash and it is a bit old but it is not run down. Everything is in good condition and I have some really good ideas on how I can make it look nice and make it feel homely. I have decided on the colour theme for the bathroom and I have chosen chocolate brown, cream, and black with a little bit of olive green to add to the contrast. So thats done and dusted. As for the rest of the house I have a few ideas but nothing is definate as yet. I am thinking of maybe a dolphin theme for my bedroom as I know that would work. A friend of mine love dolphins and they look really good. I do want to get a double bed for myself though as I really do think that single beds look a bit tackey in my honest opinion. The landlord said that he had a spare double bed if I wanted it so I might just take him up on his offer. At least that will save me a bit of money anyway and later on I could upgrade to a queen size bed if I want to and I want something a little more grown up for my age. But before I start moving my stuff in I want to get in there and give it a good clean out. Sweeping, dusting, vacumming, and make the place sparkle. I will also have a look around in opshops for some curtains and I will be having a house warming party and invite my friends for either lunch or afternoon tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment