Sunday, April 11, 2010

Cleaning up the flat.

I have decided to go with blue for the bedroom. They are going to be different shades of blue and a bit of green as well. I decided this morning when Mum said that she typed something into google about decorating older sytle homes and she came across a website site to do with colours and they suggest blue for the bedroom as it is soothing and I have been thinking blue all along so I have made my descion. I am also going to hang a couple of dolphin pictures up to because I think that they would look really good and compliment the theme. I have decided that I am going to get a queen size bed for myself as I had always planned on getting one anyway, and it will save a lot of trouble later. I don't want to pay an arm and a leg for it but I do want something that is going to look nice. Mum and I did some measurements to see how many cm's her queen size bed is, and it is about 200 cm's in lenght and about 150 cm's in width. We also did some measurements in the bedrooms and there is enough room for a queen size bed so I will be on the look out for that. We went into Spotlight to get a few things for the flat and I got some bath towels in 3 colours. Black, cream and olive green. I already have some chocolate brown bath towels that mum has given me so that has saved me a few dollars, and I got a queen sized donner cover as well with 2 sets of matching pillows cases and then we went to the flat and cleaned it up a bit. I got started on the bathroom and the titles were really grotty but with a bit of blench and elbow grease they look so much cleaner than they did. I gave the mirror a bit of a clean and sweapt the floor. Mum got started on the kitchen and it looks a lot better. But the place really does need a good vaccumming and I will be doing that tomorrow, and moving some more of my things in there. I put the towels in the bathroom and it is really starting to come along very nicely. It is amazing how just a few things can really make all the difference and brighten up the place a bit. It is already starting to feel like home.

No comments:

Post a Comment