Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Things to do.

For months now I have been thinking that I need to join a club or a group and make some new friends, or plan stuff to do with my girlfriends on the weekend. I get bored because I stay at home and I don't do anything. Mum has been saying this to me for years about joining some sort of club or group or arrange to meet up with one of my friends and she is right.

Ok so I do go to the gym and I have made some lovely friends there and have had coffee with them and been out to dinner with them and stuff like that. But we don't catch up regulary enough and even though we are always saying to each other 'We should all catch up soon. We all get caught up with our busy lives and before you know it months go by and we still have not done anything about it.

I know that I need to do something but what can I do? I mean there are so many clubs or groups out there depending on your interests. It is just a matter of finding something which you enjoy, and I am thinking that maybe I should join some sporting club or group or take up some other hobbie such as dancing or photography. When I was 15 I used to play Badmintion on a Saturday and that was fun. I also used to do Karate 2 nights a week and attend on a Sunday as well. There were also karate workshops that they would sometimes provide on a weekend and you could go along to one of these and improve your kata and your techniques as well, and they also had toraments. I got up to 3rd kyu brown belt in 2004. But thats as far as it went. For some reason or another I did'nt end up getting to black belt.

1 comment:

  1. You know it's not to late to start Karate again.
    I've just taken it up again after nearly 10years

    ReplyDelete